Saturday 23 January 2016

31. Books.


After reading Natalia's remarks about e-books, I got inspired and decided to pick up this subject as well. Every friend of mine knows that books are one of my biggest passions. Reading them makes me feel relaxed and, what's more important, it stimulates my creativity and enriches my knowlegde. Nowadays, when technology is still developping, it becomes more and more popular to read e-books instead of traditional ones. A lot of people find this really comfortable, but I'm definitely not one of them. All these electronic gadgets make me feel puzzled, I don't keep up with them. What's more, I'm quite sure that using them too often is harmful for our health and can bring us a headache. That's why it's enough for me to use only my laptop and a mobile phone, I don't need anything else. As to books, when I read I want to hold something "real" in my hands and paper books give me this opportunity. I also belong to the group of people who appreciate this inimitable, specific smell of the book. Obviously, I couldn't feel it having an e-reader. Another reason why I'm not convinced to read e-books is the fact that I'm a quite clumsy person so I would surely drop my e-reader, destroy it and lose my whole library in a flash. Until I'm limited to paper books, it would never happen. All in all, e-books are certainly very useful and people all over the world enjoy reading them, but I still prefer traditional ones. Who knows, perhaps I will change my mind in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment