Sunday 20 December 2015

27. Thank God it's (almost) Christmas!

There are only a couple of days left to Christmas and I've just started to feel this very specific atmosphere. It was more fascinating for me when I was a child, but Christmas still brings some positive energy to my everyday life. I have already bought all presents I'd wanted to get. Besides, I have baked a big portion of gingerbreads of different shapes and sizes (I have been decorating them for 3 hours, but the final effect was worth it). Of course, I don't intend to eat them all, so I've already shared a big part with members of my family and friends. The only thing I have to do now is decorating a Christmas tree, which has been my responsibility for years (with a little help of my dad, who bought today some new ornaments). Obviously, I don't even mention all the cooking tasks which will consume most of my time - 12 traditional dishes need a lot of attention. Although the preparations are pretty exhausting, I am waiting impatiently for Christmas. I love this time of the year when my family can just be together in peace and fulfil the customs without thinking of any problems. I have an impression that holidays make us even more close-knit.

One of the things that builds up the whole magic of holidays is definitely Christmas songs. I hear them everywhere - on the radio, in the shops, even in the buses. I want to show you one of my favourite ones, performed by amazing Freddie Mercury and Queen. CLICK

No comments:

Post a Comment