Tuesday 20 October 2015

22. Autumn.


Autumn is a quite strange season. It has both devoted supporters and ardent opponents. It's hard to say which part I belong to, because I can appreciate many aspects of this period while being angry and sad about the others. What I really like about autumn is the entire spectrum of colours that we can observe. From light yellow through intensive red to dark brown - leaves look marvellously when they're no longer green. The temperature drops which is great for me, because I just can't stand the heat. Now I can finally wear my heavy boots and woollen jumpers which occupy plenty of space in my wardrobe. Besides, nothing compares to an autumnal evening with a book, a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate or tea. This is what I call "relax". As I wrote at the beginning, autumn isn't perfect and there are many annoying things this time of the year. Even though I like when it's a bit colder outside, I don't like when I'm "attacked" from each side by wind, rain, hail and what not. What really makes me sad is the fact that all these beautiful colours disappear really fast. After a few weeks we just see the greyness and sombreness all around. People become so melancholic, depressed and powerless just because of the weather. We barely see the sun, that's why we don't have energy to work, to move, even to think. I know I might exaggerate a little bit, but the very idea is clear - autumn doesn't encourage us to leave our beds. My laziness, although it is always present, is most visible when October begins. What's interesting, my mood improves when winter comes. The atmosphere of Christmas, many days off, snow lying everywhere and winter sports on the TV - how can't I be happy with all that? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment