Tuesday 11 March 2014

02. A small review.


Watching films is one of my favourite activities, so when a few weeks ago Natalia had offered an outgoing to the cinema, I immediately agreed. For the reason that we both are really keen on history, we didn't have any problems with choosing a film - "Kamienie na szaniec" was a perfect option for us. This movie is an adaptation of the book by Aleksander Kamiński. I read this novel about 6 years ago and I forgot most of plots, so I got a chance to recall the story. Before watching the film, I acquainted myself with the reviews. I was a little disappointed, because I've read some unfavourable opinions about this production. Despite this fact I decided to watch it and I don't regret. The showing was really good, there were some touching and brutal scenes, which made a good impression on me. I really enjoyed the playing of all actors, but my favourite character was definetely "Rudy" - he was the most convincing in his role. On the other hand, a lot of threads were left out or shown quite differently than in the book. For me, it was much more intriguing and spectacular in the Kamiński's novel than in the movie. To sum up - I can easily recommend this film, it is totally worth watching, although those who like the book might be not satisfied enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment